FiREapps ERP Integration Ensures Seamless Data Collection
FiREapps offers SAP and Oracle certified toolkits, queries for JD Edwards and PeopleSoft, and numerous data specifications for creating reports from other source systems to facilitate automated data extraction.
FiREapps EXTRACT TOOLKITS ARE THE ONLY SAP AND ORACLE CERTIFIED SOLUTIONS IN THE INDUSTRY.
56 PERCENT OF FiREapps CLIENTS USE AT LEAST ONE INSTANCE OF SAP
FiREapps Extract 3.0 is certified by the SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) as powered by the SAP Net Weaver® technology platform.
The FiREapps general ledger extract program for SAP is a report written in ABAP and delivered via transport, containing all the objects required to execute and run the program.
- FiREapps first connection with SAP was completed in 2007.
- On average, enrollment in FiREapps Extract 3.0 takes 8-10 hours of an IT generalist’s time per ERP system.
53 PERCENT OF FiREapps CLIENTS USE AT LEAST ONE INSTANCE OF AN ORACLE PRODUCT
The FiREapps Oracle Extract Toolkit gathers information about account definitions and company information.
The queries for Oracle are reports written in SQL*Plus designed to be run from either the SQL*Plus command line or installed to the Oracle Applications Suite and run as concurrent programs.
- FiREapps first exposure extract report with Oracle was completed in 2007.
- On average, enrollment in the FiREapps Oracle Extract Toolkit takes 4-6 hours of an IT generalist’s time per ERP system.
The JD Edwards Extract Toolkit contains ANSI SQL statement, PGP and cURL documents, as well as a set of specifications to create data extract reports.
- FiREapps first connection with JDE was completed in 2010.
- On average, enrollment in the FiREapps JD Edwards Extract Toolkit takes 12-16 hours of an IT generalist’s time per ERP system.
The PeopleSoft Extract Toolkit contains ANSI SQL statement for retrieving ERP, entity, accounts and balances from PeopleSoft, as well as a set of templates and specifications for optionally creating custom data extract reports.
- FiREapps first connection with PeopleSoft was completed in 2008.
- On average, enrollment in the FiREapps PeopleSoft Extract Toolkit takes 4 to 6 hours of an IT generalist’s time per ERP system.
FACILITATING SET-UP & ONGOING DATA AGGREGATION
Using proprietary technologies, FiREapps aggregates raw general ledger data from ERP systems, as well as databases and spreadsheet data sources.
|Data Category||Field/Details Required|
|Entities||Company code, name and functional currencies|
|Accounts||Account code, description and account type (optional)|
|General Ledger Balances||Life-to-date balances showing current value at a specified point in time or period balances, typically post-closing at period end|
|Hedge Information||Includes amounts, company codes and currencies|
The FiREapps Client Services team will lead your IT staff through three simple, well-defined steps: retrieving master data, testing and deploying the balances extract, and automating the file upload process.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING ENROLLMENT
- Status updates and issue management
Project Lead/Treasury Ops Support
- Project Management: Resource coordination and project status tracking/communication
- FiREapps configuration review, process workflow design and testing
- Exposure data and definition review
- Issues Resolution: Work with other functional departments to resolve data and process issues
Controller & Business Unit Support
- Review and resolve multi-currency accounting system, data and process issues
- Review and resolve G/L system revaluation configuration and process issues
- FiREapps Exposure Extract Report data extract setup and validation
- Download report, test data, validate output, migrate to QA, staging, production environments
- Automated secure file transfer setup and testing
AUTOMATED FILE EXTRACTION, ENCRYPTION & UPLOAD
Automated File Extraction, Encryption & Upload is supported through standard protocols
- HTTPS (e.g. via cURL) and SFTP/FTPS (encrypted FTP) automate the transfer of files to a secure staging area within the FiREapps application
- Scripts (samples provided by FiREapps) can be deployed based on the needs of your environment
- Scripts retrieve the output generated by the FiREapps G/L Extract Program and encrypt the file(s), before transferring them over 128-bit+ HTTPS or SFTP/FTPS to FiREapps
FiREapps Client Services team will supply scripts as part of the toolkit during the enrollment process. The level of effort required to automate the file transfer is subject to the complexities of the environment, but is typically around four hours per system.
To create or modify shell scripts to automate or align with existing processes requires a:
- Systems Administrator
- DBA with privileges